Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Reverse Body Dysmorphia????

I'm sure you've heard of Body Dysmorphia?

It's when a person looks into a mirror and sees something that really isn't there ... like they have a little non-noticable mole on their face and their life revolves around covering it up and thinking how hideous they look. They might have a normal body but think they are huge ... get the picture?

I'm a massive self-diagnoser (although having said that I'm usually correct, but I digress) and have come to terms that I also have a very horrible disorder.

Reverse Body Dysmorphia.

Honestly, this is not a good thing to have. I can't tell you what a shock it is when I look in the mirror and the person who looks back it quite obviously NOT ME!

I am a very athletic looking women in my early 30's, with small perky boobs, smooth olive skin and shiny, straight hair.

But every friggen time I look in a mirror this complete stranger stares back ... she is short (3cm shorter than 5 years ago to be exact, how the #@()*$ did that happen), crinkly, nearing 40 and some would say on the curvy side.

Those jeans that are meant to slide over my slim, long legs are getting quite tight to pull on (they must have shrunk in the wash), and I think I might need to get in contact with quite a few clothing manufacturers as they clearly have had a mishap in the factory and got the sizing tags all mixed up. I'm not sure why my small perky boobs need a bra with seat belt width straps (yet another company to write to), but thank god the people who make earring seems to have it all under control!!



3 comments:

  1. I just don't bother looking in the mirror, they tell lies. Funnily enough, I can still fit into my highschool earrings too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad its just not me that thinks they tell lies!! You know what, the shoe people seem to have it right too ... my feet seem to be shrinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - I totally get this post - it happens in our house as well - bloody buggers - they should pull tricks like this somewhere else don't you think ????????????
    Have the best day lovely lady !
    Me

    ReplyDelete